Covid-19: Ghana records 60 new cases.
Ghana has recorded 60 new cases of the coronavirus disease, sending the number of active cases to 1,531.
In all, 93,011 cases have been recorded, out of which 90,697 have recovered and been discharged.
Meanwhile, the death toll is now at 783.
As at April 30, 2021, about 849,527 had received the first dose of the covid-19 vaccine.
On Friday, May 7, 2021, Ghana took delivery of 350,000 second doses of the AstraZeneca vaccines to continue with the now stalled mass vaccination exercise.
However, the Ghana Health Service (GHS) has given the assurance that the roll out of the second dose will begin soon.
Below is the cumulative cases for the 16 Regions so far.
1. Greater Accra Region – 51,131
2. Ashanti Region – 15,524
3. Western Region – 5,843
4. Eastern Region – 4,178
5. Central Region – 3,399
6. Volta Region – 2,467
7. Northern Region – 1,654
8. Bono East Region – 1,433
9. Bono Region – 1,398
10. Upper East Region – 1,319
11. Western North Region – 874
12. Ahafo Region – 712
13. Upper West Region – 498
14. Oti Region – 422
15. North East Region – 228
16. Savannah Region – 122
Some safety tips on combating the Coronavirus.
1. Remain very vigilant and keep washing your hands and face regularly with running water and soap. Use alcohol based hand sanitizers where there is no water.
2. Ensure strict adherence to social distancing to avoid the spread of the virus in public places.
3. Don’t share items like smartphones, laptops and computers; disinfect them regularly to ensure proper virus containment.
4. Take a shower and change clothes when you get home from work, market and the hospital to help contain the spread of the virus.
5. Drink lots of water to keep yourself well hydrated to boost the immune system to help fight the virus.
6. Wear your face mask at all times whenever you step out into public places.
7. Stay at home if you are not required at work.
Avoid unnecessary visitations even to family members; that’s the surest way of breaking the chain to spreading the Coronavirus in this difficult times.