Turmeric contains curcumin as its primary active ingredient. It is known as a very powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Turmeric does the following:
1. Helps in boosting bile flow, thus working as a liver cleanser.
2. Also helps in rejuvenating your liver cells.
3. When you sprinkle some turmeric over your food, it helps in adding little flavor while giving its amazing health benefits.
Grapefruit contains high amounts of vitamin C and glutathione. The liver also produces glutathione naturally. There are so many processes in our body that require glutathione.
1. Producing proteins and chemicals essential for the body.
2. Tissue building and repair.
3. Making a stronger immune system.
Garlic is loaded with so many powerful benefits for the liver.
These benefits include:
1. It has selenium in it, a mineral that helps boost antioxidant action which is great for detoxifying the liver.
2. Vitamin B6 in garlic works as an anti-inflammatory in the liver.
3. Arginine in garlic, which is an amino acid, helps in giving relaxation to the blood vessels and this helps in easing blood pressure within the liver.
Avocado is well known as a superfood and is very good for the liver. Avocado has glutathione, vitamin E and vitamin C. These nutrients work as antioxidants that help in neutralizing harmful free radicals and protects the liver cells against damage.
Avocado has healthy fats that further help in improving cholesterol levels.
E. Leafy Green Vegetables
These can help in protecting your liver as they neutralize chemicals, metals and pesticides from the environment and your foods.
Spinach, Chicory and Arugula should be added to our diets more because they can help in increasing bile flow and eliminate waste products.
You should also take beets because they help in cleansing and purifying your blood.
You should also take cruciferous vegetables like Brussels, Cauliflower, Sprouts and Broccoli. They are beneficial for the liver in the production of enzymes that aid in removing toxins.