Safety tips on combating the deadly Coronavirus.
1. Remain very vigilant and keep washing your hands and face regularly with running water and soap. Use alcohol based hand sanitizers where there is no water.
2. Ensure strict adherence to social distancing to avoid the spread of the virus in public places.
3. Don’t share items like smartphones, laptops and computers; disinfect them regularly to ensure proper virus containment.
4. Take a shower and change clothes when you get home from work to help contain the spread of the virus.
5. Drinks lots of water to keep yourself well hydrated to boost the immune system to help fight the virus.
Staying Safe after the Lockdown.
Its unfortunate that the lockdown has been lifted earlier than expected. However we must still behave as if we were still in lockdown mode.
1. Let us strictly adhere to the hygiene protocols like washing of hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds frequently.
2. Sanitize your hands frequently because we keep touching surfaces like tables, windows, home and vehicle door handles, ATMs, computers etc. In the absence of running water, use alcohol based sanitizers.
3. Adhere strictly to social distancing protocols and the wearing of masks in public places especially in the marketplace, shopping malls and in public transport.
4. Cover your mouth with your elbow or with tissue paper when you cough or sneeze and immediately dispose of it in the trash bin and then sanitize your hands immediately afterwards.
5. If you feel sick or ill, take a rest at home and dont go out. Call for medical help if you feel symptoms of COVID-19.
6. Only step out of your home to get essentials like food, medicine, water or emergency situations.
7. Avoid shaking hands and hugging no matter who it is.
8. Do not attend funerals which you haven’t been invited or not even directly linked to the close family.
9. Stay at home if you are not required at work. Avoid unnecessary visitations even to family members; that’s the surest way of breaking the chain to spreading the Coronavirus in this difficult times.
Share these tips to save your own life and that of your loved ones.